Downloading a Proxmox VM

CorentinFR

Jan 23, 2018
Hi, I'm a french IT student, so I apologize for my bad english.
I'm actually working on a Ubuntu Server running under Proxmox for the college where i study.
The hollidays are comming tommorow, and i would like to keep working on this VM at home.
So I'm searching a way to download the global VM ( even if it's 100Go) to continue on VMware or Virtual Box.
I've tried to create a template, but i can't find a download button.
Thanks, and sorry again for bad language.

Attachments

• help.PNG
    help.PNG
    80.2 KB · Views: 24
If you do not have SSH or more precisely SFTP access to the machine, you cannot download a backup or a VM directly over the GUI.

You can, however, boot a live linux machine and copy the disk 1:1 from your VM (if it has public internet access and the firewall allows copying stuff out) to your machine at home, running also some live linux to receive the files.

Either way, this is not so simple.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!