[SOLVED] don't we need to reboot servers when adding VLANS bridges to the interface file?

offerlam

Renowned Member
Dec 30, 2012
Denmark
don't we need to reboot servers when adding VLANS bridges to the interface file?

updated my servers like a month ago i think i now needed to add more vlan bridges to my proxmox servers interface file.. normally when i go to the node to check network it would say it would need to to reboot due to changes.. but now the bridges appear out of no where and there is no request to reboot.. ??

don't we need to do this anymore?

THANKS

Casper

Last edited:
Hi spirit,

But here is the thing.. after i added the bridges to the interface file they all appeared in my gui and with no alert about needing to reboot.. and this WITHOUT doing the "ifup vmbr5"

Does this mean its working? or do i have to do the "ifup vmbrXX" no matter what?

just to add my experince..

using ifup vmbrX didn't work for me.. i had to do service networking restart before it worked .. I will consider this thread solved

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!