Do not block whitelisted domain files

corianito

Jul 20, 2019
Hello!

I have a problem, some time ago I published that clamav does not detect any virus, so we decided to block the .doc files and have them quarantined.

Now I have a problem, we need that the emails, domains, etc... that are in the white list are not filtered or quarantined. How do I make them go directly without filtering?

Attached is a capture of what I have: https://i.gyazo.com/8e15b59d284e68f5c0b7cb1c54084039.png

Greetings!

Regarding your question - I think that the problem is with the rule-priority (assuming the 'Whitelist' rule has the Action 'Accept' and the Who object 'Whitelist' (where all your whitelisted mails and domains are put):
give the Whitelist rule a higher priority than 'Block Dangerous Files'

On another note - with PMG 6.1 you can also use the 'Attachment Quarantine' for this - create a rule which removes the matching files (doc,....) and select 'Copy original mail to Attachment Quarantine' in the Remove Action - then the users get at least the mail without the problematic files directly

I hope this helps!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!