Divergence of configuration database and real interface configuration

sa9

Feb 12, 2019
I've done something careless for LXC container 301 in web interface and now I ended up with the following:

Interfaces currently present on the host:
veth301i0, veth301i1, veth301i2

Interfaces seen in the containter:
eth0, eth1, eth2

But "pct config" and web interface show only two interfaces:

net0: name=eth0,bridge=vmbr10,gw=x.y.z.c,hwaddr=B2:28:13:FB:D0:96,ip=a.b.c.d/29,type=veth
net1: name=eth1,bridge=vmbr0,hwaddr=3E:1D:D9:21:E8:82,ip=192.168.17.224/24,type=veth

When I try to add network device to this container, I got the error:
failed to open /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/veth301i2p/disable_ipv6 for writing: No such file or directory (500)
(Note "p" at the end of veth301i2p! What does this mean?)

How can I recover from this?

Probably related: https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/erroro-migrating-lxc-container-failed-to-open-disable_ipv6.48191/

Solved: I've added missing interface to /etc/pve/lxc/301.conf manually, and then deleted it in web interface.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!