Disk replacement ZFS-Pool

TechLineX

Mar 2, 2015
Hi,

I have two damaged SSDs. On those SSDs is a ZFS-Pool running (RAID 1). I want to replace both SSDs. What would be the easiest way? To replace one disk?

https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/zfs-disk-replacement.41230/

Or to replace both disks at the same time? The zfs is actually empty.. Could also be a quick way to destroy the zfs-pool and create it again. But therefor I must delete the zfs pool out of all hosts.

Best regards

Is this a single host? Or a cluster where each node has a zpool with the same name?

If it's empty I guess no guest has a disk-image/mountpoint on the zpool (otherwise you would need to recreate the zvols/datasets respectively)?
If that's the case and you really don't need the data on the zpool - it's probably the quickest to destroy and recreate the pool

I hope this helps!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!