Discouraging mounting lvm-thin

I am currently transitioning from 3.4 to 4.4 on online.net. Of course, their image use a full ext4 partition so I work from a debian install. As I like lxc and snapshot, I go with thin-lvm

I read here (https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Installation:_Tips_and_Tricks) that mounting the thin-lvm is not recommanded, I don't understand why?

What problem will I face with "mounted" thin-lvm partition?

When using a (thin-)lvm storage for lxc containers it is never mounted (in the host). If you mount a (thin-)lvm on the host it must contain a filesystem (e.g. ext4), in that case you can use it as "directory" storage in Proxmox VE, if such a storage for lxc containers snapshots are not possible.

Thanks for your answer.

That what I understood playing with the latest version ! Seeing how it works, it makes much more sens to me and I really appreciate the benefits.

I just wrote a small script that allow me mounting VMs disk when I need and a wrapper around lxc-attach that feel like "vzctl enter" and everything is perfect.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!