Disable NFS Storage --> Mail error.

Porshok

Jan 4, 2017
hello !

I have unlinked my NFS storage from my array of 3 proxmox servers (4.1 ver)

After i have free it of any VM. the storage was totally empty.

but now all of the 3 proxmoxs send me every 24 hours an error mail:

content:

"run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/mlocate exited with return code 1"

and i can't issue the df -h command.

i don't know if the origin of the problem is the same. Do someone know how i can rid of this error ?

Thank you !

Have you unmounted the NFS storage on every node? This is not going automaticly. That the df -h command don't work anymore looks like the nfs storgate is really gone away. So you can reboot the server to unmount or force unmount, with
Code:
fusermount -uz /mnt/pve/mountpoint
Don't use the TAB key, shell hangs up because NFS fails.

Sorry i was very busy last month,

thank you for your answer =)

i didn't have the time to fix that issue.

I used the command, i cant' shutdown the server (production state =) )

Code:
fusermount -uz /mnt/pve/mountpoint

As you told me.

nothing changed

mointpoints are still there, i can see them with ls command. (ls -la do not work, like df -h)

Maybe that's because of the feature that allow NFS storage to be spread on all nodes of the proxmox cluster once we have declared them.

possible scenario :

I manually unmount on node1, node2 and node3 remount it on node1.

Any suggestion ?

Mountpoints are alway there, the will not be deleted. The fusermountcommand works only if you disable first the storage in PVE in the webinterface or with pvesm. I use the fusermount with the builded systemdservice for shutdown, this was always working fine in all situations.

I have done that before, i have removed the nfs storage with the web interface.

And as expected they disappeared from the GUI at that point that was good for me and i have shutdown the NAS

But i started to receive error mail. and i still can see the removed mountpoint in /mnt/pve

So i don't see anymore my LUNs from the GUI

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!