Dell Harware Question

seneca214

Dec 3, 2012
We're looking at upgrading our proxmox servers to use Dell's 12gen models (R420, R520, R620) with the latest proxmox version. Has anyone run into any issues with using these newer models with Proxmox 2.x?

Thanks

Im running Dell PowerEdge R210 II with idrac6 enterprise cards successfully in HA Cluster mode (proxmox 2.2).. I guess there will be no problem with "better" hardware as you mentioned..

Have just run into one issue with new dell T620 and pve2.2 and 802.3ad bonding of the on board NICs. I couldn't get the bond0 slaves (eth4 eth5) to attach and the interface to come up and bridge to vmbr0 without adding this line to my vmbr0 directive in etc/network/interfaces:

pre-up ip link set dev bond0 up && ifenslave bond0 eth4 eth5

With that line added to my auto vmbr0 everything works. Without it I get errors about enslaving eth4 eth5. Will put more details in another thread when I'm back in the office.

Dedicated thread for my query is here

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!