Deleting mails with "delete" key in would be great in quarantine

Pavel Hruška

May 1, 2018
When I am handling quarantine emails in a bulk it is quite irritating that I need to use mouse to trigger delete or deliver actions. It is already possible and very convinient to mark multiple emails using shift+arrows and I am using it a lot. Sometimes I even hit the wrong action (deliver instead delete) when using mouse and on single email selected there is no way back (no confirmation)...

So I would like to ask if would be possible to trigger delete action by "(ctrl+)delete" and deliver action by "(ctrl+)enter" keys for example (or whatever else).

Thank you.

this is already implemented in a current version, you can also right click and get a context menu

What is the key? Delete? I've tested it few moments ago and it did not work for me. Right click is okay, but the same with "wrong action triggered sometimes" applies here, these two options are too close to each other in the context menu.

yes the 'delete' key works here, what client/browser/pmgversion do you have?

Sorry for late reply, I was waiting for quarantine to fill up.

Delete key does not work for me, I am using PMG 5.1-2, browser is Chrome. PMG is installed on top of Debian and running as LXC in PVE.

Pressing delete key on selected mails in quarantine does nothing.

Code:
pmg-api/5.1-2/0b56b766 (running kernel: 4.15.18-5-pve)

do you have a context menu in the quarantine?
please post the output of 'pmgversion -v'

what client os do you use?

Client OS is Windows 10 (build 1803).

Code:
proxmox-mailgateway: 5.1-1 (API: 5.1-2/0b56b766, running kernel: 4.15.18-5-pve)
pmg-api: 5.1-2
pmg-gui: 1.0-42
proxmox-spamassassin: 3.4.2-1
proxmox-widget-toolkit: 1.0-20
pve-kernel-4.15.18-4-pve: 4.15.18-23
pve-kernel-4.13.16-3-pve: 4.13.16-49
pve-kernel-4.13.16-1-pve: 4.13.16-46
pve-kernel-4.15.18-7-pve: 4.15.18-26
pve-kernel-4.13: 5.1-45
pve-kernel-4.15: 5.2-10
libpve-http-server-perl: 2.0-11
lvm2: not correctly installed
pve-firmware: 2.0-5
libpve-common-perl: 5.0-40
pmg-docs: 5.1-4
pve-xtermjs: 1.0-5
libarchive-perl: 3.2.1-1
libxdgmime-perl: 0.01-3
libpve-apiclient-perl: 2.0-5

Greetings.

It would be also great if all quarantine or Bulk emails could be shown in the panel and be sorted by From, To, Subject, Score, Size, Time

In that way can be deliver a bulk of email in quarantine base on a subject selecting alls at once and not user by user.

There is any cli command to deliver all mail based on a From, To, Subject or Score filter?

It is not enjoyable having 1000 accounts and go one by one delivering false positive bulk mail.

Last edited:
Reactions: MartinH

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!