Dedicated Backup Storage for single VM possible?

bedibe

Jun 4, 2018
Berlin
For a customer I'd like to create some kind of "personal" backup storage but I don' know how.

In detail: I created two backup storages only for a single VM, #1 with 7 allowed backups and #2 with 4 allowed backups. Then I created two backup tasks for this VM, one which runs monday to saturday using storage #1 and the other one running on sunday using storage #2. Until this point everything works perfectly. But now I also want to grant access to the customers login to create or restore backups for his VM. But I cannot limit access to those two storage entries. The customer always sees all defined storages and could use all backup storages for backing up his VM, bypassing the granted limit of 7 + 4 backups.

Is there any chance binding a VM to a backup storage and/or to limit access of one user to one resp. two storages? I didn't find anything helpful in storage documentation oder in webui.

Thanks in advance!

PVE 5.4.11
local storage ZFS
backup storage on separate host via NFS (also ZFS)

Is there any chance binding a VM to a backup storage and/or to limit access of one user to one resp. two storages? I didn't find anything helpful in storage documentation oder in webui.

Assign user permission to the respective storage (editing in the node, not at Datacenter level).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!