datacenter.cfg for bwlimit

Casiazul

Mar 14, 2018
Hi! sorry my bad english. I am tryng to config a bwlimit for move, clone o restore a disk.
i have read this options:

bwlimit: [clone=<LIMIT>] [,default=<LIMIT>] [,migration=<LIMIT>] [,move=<LIMIT>] [,restore=<LIMIT>]
at
https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/datacenter.cfg.5.html

and i am tryng this configuration, but not work.
I can limit the bandwidth at backup operation at /etc/pve/vzdump.conf , but i can not limit the restore operation.

Here appear the options:
https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/datacenter.cfg.5.html
but when look at command:
"man datacenter.cfg" not appear the bwlimit option.
what i am missing?

thanks in advance

Hi,

did you update your system because this is a new feature in PVE 5.2.

Wolfgang,
thanks! we have update the last version, and now i can configure bandwith limitation OK.
But, we still have problems.

May be yo can help us. We have an HP Storage, with a average of 250 IOPS, when we move/copy/restore a disk from local disk to the storage, we have problems with others VMS.
We want to limit the amoungh IOPS of process of move, copy or restore. We have modify this file with the bandwith limit, limit the IOPS of the VM's virtual disk, and tryng the cache configuration from WRITE-BACK to WRITE-TROUGH in the storage and in the virtual disk VM's configuration.

Have an idea to limit the IOPS of IOPS of process of move, copy or restore?
Thanks in advance!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!