Czech translation for 4.1

chronos

Apr 11, 2009
Česky:
Soubor pve-lang-cs.js umístěte na serveru do složky /usr/share/pve-manager/locale.

Pak doplňte nový řádek do souboru /usr/share/pve-manager/ext4/pvemanagerlib.js do pole language_map.

Pak bude pole vypadat např. takto:
language_map: {
zh_CN: 'Chinese',
ca: 'Catalan',
cs: 'Czech',
ja: 'Japanese',
en: 'English',
da: 'Danish',
de: 'German',
es: 'Spanish',
fr: 'French',
it: 'Italian',
ru: 'Russian',
sl: 'Slovenian',
sv: 'Swedish',
pl: 'Polish',
tr: 'Turkish'
},

Následně proveďte znovunačtení a přihlášení do webového administračního rozhraní a vyberte před přihlášením jazyk Czech.

Další informace o překladu proxmoxu:
http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Translations

======================================================

English:
Place file pve-lang-cs.js to proxmox server directory /usr/share/pve-manager/locale.

Then add new line to file /usr/share/pve-manager/ext4/pvemanagerlib.js into language_map array.

Then array will for example look like this:
language_map: {
zh_CN: 'Chinese',
ca: 'Catalan',
cs: 'Czech',
ja: 'Japanese',
en: 'English',
da: 'Danish',
de: 'German',
es: 'Spanish',
fr: 'French',
it: 'Italian',
ru: 'Russian',
sl: 'Slovenian',
sv: 'Swedish',
pl: 'Polish',
tr: 'Turkish'
},

Then perform reload and login to web administration interface and select Czech language before login.

Further information about proxmox translation:
http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Translations

Attachments

• pve_4_cs_2016-01-03.zip
    50.5 KB · Views: 42
Question is also if you want to include this. As I am also open source developer I can tell that I would be glad if somebody provide me translation to different language so my software could attract wider range of users. And with most of open source and FOSS projects it is just sufficient to let users contribute under some open source license without requiring additional paper agreement. So you can just print this forum topic and use this as prove that me as author agree with that provided translation should be included in your product. After all scanned signature is also digital document and can be forged similarly like this forum post.

So yes I want Czech translation of proxmox web interface and now I have it and I am providing it also free for other users to enjoy nice native web interface. That it can't be simply part of product is just unfortunate.
Also it would be better to have web translation interface to be able to improve translation over time without need your intervention through email. Automation is key to better efficiency which many hosting companies could confirm.

thanks for your suggestions but its impossible to redesign the process of contribution for the needs of each single contributor. please follow our howto, then its very likely that our devs will include it.

Sure, this is your decision. I can also tell that it is not possible to me to "redesign the process of contribution for the needs of each open source project". And perhaps it is too strong call it "process" as it is as simple as to put file to git repo. Sure somebody can sue you for using his translated file which he previously provided. And you will lose trial for sure and will need to close your business... Be careful here.

Whatever... thanks for your work on proxmox ve. It may be not ideal for my use but it is still the best available product for quick and easy virtualization to my knowledge.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!