customize quarantine login page

IEM

Sep 4, 2018
Austria
is it possible to do (slight) customizations of the login-page (without hacking the source)?

the problem i'm trying to solve is that the term "User name" is a bit ambiguous.

My users can authenticate via the department LDAP (so we allow username/password based login to the quarantine; not just ticket-based login), but I'm afraid that they will not enter the correct username.

One of the problems is, that the users have multiple accounts at work (one for the company; but also one at the department; this is unfortunate, but has technical reasons that cannot be changed), and depending on the service they have to use one of them. Usually they pick the wrong one.

The other problem is, that the PMG doesn't really want the `username`.
Instead it wants the `email` of the user

That is, I can login with `user@example.com`, but i cannot login with `user`.

I've tried setting the "Account attribute name" to `uid`, but to not avail:

1W6EprT.png

so what i'd really want to do is just to add a note to the login-page that users are enter "<username>@example.com" in the login-form.

Ideally this would be a placeholder text in the username field, but being able to inject some arbitrary HTML-code into the body of the document at a well-defined place would be good enough (e.g. by editing some template on the filesystem).
1W6EprT

Last edited:
Reactions: DerDanilo
Hi,

Any update on this ticket? I am looking at the same issue on my implementation. Thank you.

Jacky

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!