Critical Medium Error | I/O Error

Windows7ge

Sep 12, 2019
So what I have here is an error I've not dealt with before and find myself rather confused by. The following screen shots are from the PROXMOX Terminal:

Screenshot from 2020-01-24 11-13-39.png

The strangest thing about these errors is that according to lsblk I don't have a sda device:

Screenshot from 2020-01-24 11-16-20.png

I have found that one of my VMs has had a sudden issue with it's sda device. The VM refuses to boot and I don't know what the cause of it is and I'm hoping the sda device the server is quoting is the sda device in the VM. I don't like that I'm losing that VM but it's not detrimental if it's unrecoverable.

I checked all of my ZFS pools and none of them report any errors so I'm here asking if these errors can be disregarded as being a problem with that one VM or if these errors are a part of the host system and needs to be addressed ASAP.

Hardware:
Dual E5-2670v1's
ASRock Rack EP2C602-4L/D16
128GB Kingston UDIMM ECC
Corsair 850W PSU
400GB PCI_e SSD (ZFS ZIL/L2ARC device)
3x LSI 9207-8i HBAs
Mellanox ConnectX2 SFP+ 10Gbit NIC
8x 2TB HDDs (VM storage)
2x 10TB HDDs (backup storage for another server)
1x 1TB HDD (Storage for a VM)
5x 3TB HDDs (Storage for another VM)
2x Intel 128GB SSDs (ZFS Mirror as PROXMOX boot drives)

If I've missed anything or need to provide specific information just ask.

Simple test: Will the server continue to spit out these errors when the affected VM is no longer attempting to boot?

Simple test: Will the server continue to spit out these errors when the affected VM is no longer attempting to boot?
That's difficult to answer. Weather the VM is running or not, weather I start it or stop it no new errors are printed to the terminal. No new ones are appearing so I'm not sure what has caused them. For both to appear at the same time make me think they're related though.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!