CPUSETS

Bestbeast

Jul 29, 2016
Hello,

I was wondering if cpusets are fixed to the container for always, and not managing resources like openvz did to make a more dinamic resource assignation.

Waiting your answer,
Pedro

They are not fixed, but the balancing code only considers the number of containers. But you can also use cpulimit instead if that is a problem for you - then you have best resource assignment.

They are not fixed, but the balancing code only considers the number of containers. But you can also use cpulimit instead if that is a problem for you - then you have best resource assignment.
The problem is that if I use cpulimit, people can see all the cores of the machine, and that is not quite good. In this cpu limit I have to assume that openvz was much better :/

openvz was much better

We know already that you think that openvz is much better. So you can stop to post this every day again and again, this is a bit boring too me.

We know already that you think that openvz is much better. So you can stop to post this every day again and again, this is a bit boring too me.
I was just giving a try to new lxc and proxmox 4.3 since a tried 4.0 and saw that cpu limit was not that good, hoped that this version could have solved this problem. Once lxc is fine I will change my mind, until then I am just telling my opinion on each version

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!