Corrupted files after snapshot rollback

Odin

Oct 18, 2019
Hello,
I have a problem that after rolling back a snapshot (container with Debian and CRM script), some random PHP files of the CRM are corrupted. I can find additional lines in files which prevents CRM of working properly.

In files I get something like this:

PHP:
^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@

I'm new to the Proxmox so just ask if you need some additional information.
Thank you

I have one Raid1 with two SCSI disks (LVM) where whole Proxmox installation is and one Raid5 with 3 x 2TB HDD (ZFS). Containers are at ZFS storage.

Files were not corrupted because CRM worked fine and this strange characters are not present in "original" file.

I've cloned production CT with CRM, because I tried to upgrade CRM and after every step I took snapshot and then when something went wrong I wanted to rollback but after rollback CRM don't work. I've deleted last snapshot and tried one before that but problem still occurs.

Hi Odin,
I ping this thread because I got exactly the same issue (also PHP, CRM, same characters in the corrupted files)

Did you finally get an explanation and/or a way to avoir such pbl?

Note that I've restored a full backup (based on vzdump which is based on zfs snapshot too!) and files are ok.

Thx

Hi, sorry for delay but unfortunately I didn't found a solution. If I have to, I just use backup option. It's more time consuming and limited but I couldn't find more reliable way. Maybe after all that time someone found the solution?

Thanks for the reply !

Note that after around 24h, before I restored the full backup, the files were back to ok.
I've googled a little bit without a clear explanation but suspect a memory problem.

I've no other clue for the moment and have used snapshot a lot without any pbl in the meantime

Quite stange

Regards

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!