corosync wrong IP Address

IanCH

Jun 6, 2017
I needed to change the IP Address of a proxmox server. Which I did from the WebGUI.

However now I've rebooted the server the VM's will not start. Get an error message "cluster not ready - no quorum? (500)"

Doing a pvecm status I get "Cannot initialize CMAP service"

So I checked the /etc/corosync/corosync.conf its still got the old IP Address. No bother (so I thought) I'll edit it to the correct address and reboot.

Problem is the reboot puts the old IP Address back. What is causing that? And where should I change the IP Address?

The /etc/hosts file has the correct IP Address.
The WebGUI is showing the correct IP Address
ifconfig only shows the correct IP Address
/etc/network/interfaces shows the one and only correct IP Address

What am I missing?

I may be wrong, but I think you should edit /etc/pve/corosync.conf and if you edit it manually you should increase config_version

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!