Corosync Question

Nope

Mar 13, 2016
I have four nodes in a cluster currently, three of them running ceph. The fourth node is going to be removed, however it is the node that was used to create the cluster initially. In my corosync.conf file the fourth node's IP is set as the totem bindnetaddr seen below

Code:
logging {
  debug: off
  to_syslog: yes
}

nodelist {
  node {
    name: pve1
    nodeid: 2
    quorum_votes: 1
    ring0_addr: pve1
  }
  node {
    name: pve2
    nodeid: 3
    ring0_addr: pve2
  }
  node {
    name: pve3
    nodeid: 4
    ring0_addr: pve3
  }
  node {
    name: pve-temp
    nodeid: 1
    ring0_addr: pve-temp
  }
}

quorum {
  provider: corosync_votequorum
}

totem {
  cluster_name: pvecluster
  config_version: 6
  transport: udpu
  interface {
    bindnetaddr: 10.0.0.16
    ringnumber: 0
  }
  ip_version: ipv4
  secauth: on
  version: 2
}

So, 10.0.0.16 will be going away when I remove it from the cluster. However, this bindnetaddr property is only populated when you first init the cluster from my understanding.

Should I simply change this in /etc/pve/corosync.conf and put a private IP of one of the remaining 3 hosts when I remove the fourth node?

Is there anything else I need to do when removing the node that created the cluster?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

the bindnetaddr "This specifies the network address the corosync executive should bind to."
So corosync is only intested in the first 3 blocks.

It is ok to remove the node with the command-line-tool without anything else.
Code:
pvecm delnode <nodename>

Hi,

the bindnetaddr "This specifies the network address the corosync executive should bind to."
So corosync is only intested in the first 3 blocks.

It is ok to remove the node with the command-line-tool without anything else.
Code:
pvecm delnode <nodename>

Oh okay. I had no idea it was only using the first three octets. That seems like a pretty obscure way of representing CIDR notation. I went ahead and removed the node last night. Everything went well. Thank you for the info

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!