Container private area /var/lib/vz/private/102 does not exist

augur

Feb 24, 2012
Hi there.

After an electricity outage, I boot proxmox 1.9 and want to start my VM (number 102) ... but it doesn't work

This is the log file :

Code:
/usr/sbin/vzctl start 102
Starting container ...
Container private area /var/lib/vz/private/102 does not exist
VM 102 start failed -

It was e Debian-6.0-standard_6.0-4 with a photo gallery on OpenVz

All rocks fin during ~ 100 days from installation and now, nothing.

What happened ? How can I repair this ?

Cheers.

augur

What kind of storage do you have? Single Disk?
The system is on 1 hard drive (Western Digital Raptor 74 Go SATA 10 000 Trs)
The other hard dirve which contains Photos was mounted on the album folder of the gallery running in VM 102 ....
Code:
mount -t ext4 /dev/sdb1 /var/lib/vz/root/102/var/www/igalerie/albums
Neither in root or private folder is VM 102... :'(

Cheers

You need to restore from backup then. But please check your disk first, to make sure it is not damaged.

I know that does not help now, but you should use a HW Raid with BBU to prevent such things (PVE also uses ext3 by default).

depends on how you did the backup.

I never lost a VM. as a IT admin you should choose the right hardware, choose the right setup, do regular backups and restore tests.

as far as I followed this thread you just ignored all this - so back to admin school!

I'm not an IT admin ! ;)

I just want to make a photo gallery on Debian for my parents by testing Proxmox ^^
Failed !

The hardware is the same as your partner OVH ...

Cheers :/

The hardware is the same as your partner OVH ...

Well, OVH has a very reliable power supply, and you can also get a RAID controller there.

Anyways, maybe the Disk is just damaged - did you verify that? Hardware failures are common - that is why you should always make a backup.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!