console viewer validation?

J

joeblow

How do we confirm that the console viewer chain is set up correctly on a given workstation?

Console viewer worked most of the time on 1.8, but only opens up a blank window, shortly followed by a 'fail' in the log. No changes on my workstation that I know of lately.

thx

Be happy to.

Um. How do I start?
icon11.png

I'll look at the /var/log/messages tomorrow, but I don't recall anything in there, nor was there anything in the 'webpage' log except the fact that the nc blahblah had failed.

I'll copy and paste the messages tomorrow.

Other than that, I'm not sure how to proceed, so just point me in the right direction and I'll do what I can.

thanks!

Other than that, I'm not sure how to proceed, so just point me in the right direction and I'll do what I can.

The console work on windows with sun java. So I guess the problem is inside the java framework or the web browser plugin.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!