Connectivity lost between proxmox hosts

maverickws

Jun 8, 2020
Hi all,

When I enable the firewall I lose connectivity between proxmox hosts (GUI times out from host A to host B and vice-versa).

I have added an IPSet called "management" with office IP's (ipv4 and ipv6) and I don't lose access from the office to the proxmox hosts.
In the docs says:

13.6.1. Standard IP set management
This IP set applies only to host firewalls (not VM firewalls). Those IPs are allowed to do normal management tasks (PVE GUI, VNC, SPICE, SSH).
The local cluster network is automatically added to this IP set (alias cluster_network), to enable inter-host cluster communication. (multicast,ssh,…)

But from host A I can't ping host B neither by ipv6 nor ipv4 and the GUI times out. I can't ssh from one proxmox host to another.

I created an IPSet called pve-hosts with both IPv4 and IPv6 ip's but that isn't working.
Is there some IPSet name for proxmox hosts?

Hi,
rules for the cluster network should be added/handled automatically. Could you provide the output of pveversion -v and pve-firewall localnet? Could you also post the contents of /etc/pve/firewall/cluster.fw while masking public IP addresses in there?

Which rules did you add to the pve-hosts IPSet?

Hi Fabian,

Thank you for your reply to a month old topic.
Since then, I have been insulted and banned by your "moderator" tom, a totally repugnant individual that, lacking education and knowledge, tries to compensate with abuse, blocking topics/discussions and issuing bans on members.

Since then, I have migrated to XCP-ng, which works wonderfully, I never again had this same kind of recurring issues I kept getting with Proxmox, the hypervisors don't time out between them, I don't have to remove VM's to add nodes etc, extremely happy with it and only sorry that I didn't choose for it in the beginning.

Thank you for your reply but it came too late and honestly moved to a much superior solution, also totally free, that doesn't use apt.
Have a nice one.

Thank you for your reply to a month old topic.
Since then, I have been insulted and banned by your "moderator" tom, a totally repugnant individual that, lacking education and knowledge, tries to compensate with abuse, blocking topics/discussions and issuing bans on members.

Welcome back in the forum and yes, due to your posting I blocked you again.

I hope you learn the lesson now.

Reactions: MertsA

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!