connection timeout using proxmox for outgoing mails

F

fool_metal

Hi All,

I have problem using proxmox for outgoing mail, it says connection timeout whenever it sends any e-mail address in the internet.

I am using postfix and already added default_transport line to main.cf.

can anyone help?

thanks.

Hi All,

I have problem using proxmox for outgoing mail, it says connection timeout whenever it sends any e-mail address in the internet.

I am using postfix and already added default_transport line to main.cf.

can anyone help?

thanks.

Hi,

first, please do not edit main.cf directly as this is done by proxmox configuration (means this will be overwritten). please use the web interface.

to understand your setup:
your emails are sent from your internal email server to proxmox, proxmox accepts and now, they are in the proxmox queue, proxmox should sent directly to the internet or via smarthost? is this your setup? can you provide detailed log files?

yes, my setup is:

my postfix mail server ---> proxmox ----> internet

since I am using postfix mail server, i need to edit main.cf manually as I don't have any web based ui for that.

does the default_transport line be added to proxmox or in my internal mail server?

right now I bypass proxmox for sending e-mail, it works for receiving only.

yes, my setup is:

my postfix mail server ---> proxmox ----> internet

since I am using postfix mail server, i need to edit main.cf manually as I don't have any web based ui for that.

does the default_transport line be added to proxmox or in my internal mail server?

right now I bypass proxmox for sending e-mail, it works for receiving only.

Hi,

thanks for explanation (I thought you edit the main.cf on proxmox)

you have to configure your internal mailserver (your postfix) to send outgoing emails to the internal port of proxmox (default is 26). please take a look in the admin guide for samples.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!