Connection drops: uploading file to guest webserver hangs after 10 seconds

Alphonse Semaan

May 29, 2018
I have a SoYouStart dedicated server with Proxmox 5.2 installed

I'm failing to upload files to guest webservers, the upload is stuck at around 10~12 seconds after starting, at my connection speed a 10 MB file takes around 18 seconds to get uploaded, i could never finish it.

on a faster connection, 10 MB got uploaded but bigger file didn't. I also tried a 3MB file from my connection with chrome throttling the connection and it also stops at around 10 to 13 seconds.

my server environment: dedicated server with proxmox 5, create an CT with ubuntu 18.04. installed apache2, php7.2.

I changed the php configuration to support bigger files:

upload_max_filesize = 200MB
post_max_size = 210MB
max_execution_time = 60
max_input_time = 60
memory_limit = 256M

I'm also not getting any error in apache access.log or error.log

I also tried different configuration:

ubuntu on dedicated without proxmox, it worked
proxmox + CT (ubuntu 18.04+apache2+php7.2) not working
proxmox + CT (ubuntu 18.04+lighttpd+php7.2) not working
proxmox + CT (ubuntu 17.10+apache2+php7.2) not working
proxmox + CT (Centos 7+apache2+php5.4) not working
proxmox + VM (Ubuntu 18.04+apache2+php7.2) not working

I tried having the same upload script and apache2 config on the host directly, it worked.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!