Confused about repositories

jarcher

Mar 15, 2009
Hi All...

I am confused about the repositories. I am considering buying a support subscription, but I don't really understand the difference between the enterprise repository and whatever the non-enterprise respoitory is called. Basically, what happens if I upgrade proxmox pve without access to the enterprise repository? Do I end up with beta or potentially untested product?

Thanks...

Hi All...

I am confused about the repositories. I am considering buying a support subscription, but I don't really understand the difference between the enterprise repository and whatever the non-enterprise respoitory is called. Basically, what happens if I upgrade proxmox pve without access to the enterprise repository? Do I end up with beta or potentially untested product?

Thanks...

Hi,

The repositories releases workflow is :

Proxmox dev git ----> pvetest repo -------> pve-no-subscription -----> pve-enterprise

pvetest is really not stable during developemment of a release, have many changes each day.
When pvetest become stable, after feature freeze, before a release (like coming proxmox 3.2), stable packages are going to pve-no-subcription.

So it's stable !

but if you want even more stable, packages well tested in pve-no-subscription. (maybe some undetected bugs will be reported by usesr), are going to pve-entreprise some days/weeks after.

So it's stable !

but if you want even more stable, packages well tested in pve-no-subscription. (maybe some undetected bugs will be reported by usesr), are going to pve-entreprise some days/weeks after.

Okay got it, thanks! But when I tried to upgrade my 3.1, both with the web based U and by typing apt-get update at the command line, I got a bunch of errors saying that it could not access the enterprise repository. Do I need to change sources.list if I do not get a subscription? If I do get a subscription, do I just add a username and password to sources.list?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!