[SOLVED] Configuring Transports

reachmedia

Jan 24, 2018
Hi,

I want to check if its possible to transport to a hosted email platform e.g. Rackspace email, Gsuite or Office 365?

The purpose is that I want the emails to arrive at PMG before transporting to various mail servers for use of Tracking Center.

This includes my internal MailEnable server which I'm currently using.

It state in the documentation that is for internal email servers, I'm wondering if its a Postfix limitation or a product design?

Thanks!

"You can use Proxmox Mail Gateway to send emails to different internal email servers. For example you can send emails addressed to domain.com to your first email server, and emails addressed to subdomain.domain.com to a second one.
You can add the IP addresses, hostname, transport protocol (smtp/lmtp), transport ports and mail domains (or just single email addresses) of your additional email servers. When transport protocol is set to lmtp, the option Use MX is useless and will be automatically set to No."

I want to check if its possible to transport to a hosted email platform
In theory you can send inbound mail to any server speaking SMTP - so there is no hard limitation preventing you from adding a Transport entry to one of the providers you named.

However you need to check with their support how such an external relay is best included in their configuration (as far as I remember e.g. office 365 needed you to explicitly configure that you have a trusted external relay)

I hope this helps!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!