Configuring Promox Mail Gateway

Discussion in 'Mail Gateway: Installation and configuration' started by jose valdez, Oct 22, 2018.

1. jose valdez

jose valdez New Member

Hi good day. I am trying to configure the proxmox mail gateway that I recently installed, but I have not managed to work even observing the same information in the Traking Center.

What I am trying to do is that all the emails that come from my zimbra mail server are sent to the Proxmox Mail Gateway and the latter sends it to the endian firewall.

In proxmox mail gateway I made the following configurations:

Mail Proxy Configuration:

Default Relay: Zimbra Mail Server IP
    Port: 25
    SmartHost: Endian firewall IP

Relay Domain: Add the name of the mail domain in this case ferrominera.gob.ve

External port SMTP: 25
    Internal SMTP port: 26

This is all I have configured in PMG.

At the Zimbra level, configure it to send mails from the domain ferrominera.gob.ve to the IP address of the PMG through port 25.

Please could you help me if something is wrongly configured or I need to do in the PMG.

2. Danúbio Marinho

Danúbio Marinho New Member

Hi jose,

On Zimbra server in MTA settings:

Relay MTA for external delivery: <PMG IP> and port 26 (Internal SMTP port, previous configured on PMG).

Regards.

3. jose valdez

jose valdez New Member

Good morning, Mr. Danube.

Thank you very much for your reply. I have made the recommended configuration to make at the level of my Zimbra mail server, but I still do not see traffic between the Zimbra Mail server and PMG. Enclosed I am sending you screenshots of the configurations made at the MTA level of Zimbra and PMG. In case of any observation, you can indicate me in this way.

Thank you very much, I thank you in advance for your help.

Attached Files:

4. Danúbio Marinho

Hello Jose,

I think the settings on PMG and Zimbra is ok.

The ip 170.100.230.250 of smarthost is allowing relay from the PMG?

Regards!

5. jose valdez

jose valdez New Member

The ip 170.100.230.250 performs the firewall service and I do not observe mail traffic from PMG to the firewall, I also see mail traffic in the PMG. I do not know if this is because I do not have a subscription with Proxmox, although it is a free tool. In case you are misplacing a configuration, I would appreciate your help.

Greetings.

6. Danúbio Marinho

Jose, i dont think that this is a subscription proxmox problem.

Can you test telnet on port 25 (smtp) of firewall to pmg and vice versa? Post the output.

And, the smarthost is an device with service mail capacity. I dont know if your firewall have this feature.

Regards.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice