Configuring 2 NICs in VM Centos 6.5

jorgevr86

Oct 15, 2014
Hi, I have the following problem. I install a Centos 6.5 VM in Proxmox 3.2 installed on a server HP DL380 G7 with 4 physical network cards. I need the installation of Centos recognize two physical cards to configure you local internal IP and other issues. I recognized only one network card. Any help you can give me is welcome.
Thanks in advance.

Hello jorgevr86

I need the installation of Centos recognize two physical cards to configure you local internal IP and other issues. I recognized only one network card.

What does "recognized" mean in this context?

If all 4 are available in the host and you want to use 2 o them for connections to VMs you have to

- define (at least) 2 bridges, e.g. vmbr0 and vmbr1

- define (at least) 2 virtual NICs for the VMs (and they will be "recognized" by the guest OS then; exception: if the virtual HW type is not known by OS, but Intel E1000 and Realtec RTL8139 should not be a problem at all)

- connect each of the two virtual NICs to one of the two bridges

Kind regards

Mr.Holmes

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!