Config for SSL certificates

Rudde

Renowned Member
Aug 25, 2014
Hey.

I'm using letsencrypt to get valid SSL certificates, and they have to be renewed minimum every 90 days, and I'm wondering where I can define the location of what SSL certificates are used in Proxmox 4? When letsencrypt certificates are renewed they will have the same static location, so It would be nice to know so I don't have to go copy my certificates into the same old proxmox location every time I have to renew letsencrypt certificate.

See https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/HTTPSCertificateConfiguration for a howto using le.sh. If you use another LE client, you need to teach it to copy the key and chain files to the correct locations (or write your own hook to do it). There is no way to create symlinks to or from "/etc/pve", so you need to actually copy/move/store the files there.

Also take care to use the file paths written in the howto, otherwise you will break stuff.

The LE integration is so far VERY good - thanks for getting this moving.

Out of interest, is there any plan to add SSL management and LE into the GUI?

Jon

In the long term, we are thinking about it, but nothing concrete at the moment. If you have specific wishes or requirements besides a general SSL management tab in the GUI, feel free to post them here, or open a feature request ("enhancement") in the bug tracker.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!