Coming back to PVE (maybe)

GarthK

Feb 7, 2009
Greetings, it's been awhile. I currently run two UBS Precise KVM servers with both using a NFS server for stores, including QCOW2 images and various ISO files. Among others, there is a W2k3 VM running virtio drivers for disk and network. I've been reading the wiki about moving from KVM back to PVE and the one line entry tells me to "create the new VM, add the image, and boot". Not too helpful since, after attaching all of the NFS stores to PVE, nothing shows up in them. I can't find the ISO images or the VM .img files.

So, I assume this is my ignorance with the New and Improved PVE (no sarcasm intended) which I would very much like to start using again. I could start over from scratch but would prefer not doing that since it would involve a LOT of work.

If the answer is to RTFM, just point me to the right one and I'll have a read.

Thanx,
Garth

Follow-up: I've decided to install PVE on both boxes and throw all of the previous stuff away. Better to start clean than to fight probs trying to make old stuff work.

Thanx,
Garth

Last edited:
Got it! I had to move the existing files under the right subdirs in each store. Now all is working.

I'm back! :)

Garth

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!