cmdl tool to manage VMs in a cluster

dank

Nov 18, 2011
Hi, is there a command line tool to manage VMs in a Proxmox-Cluster? Such as creating VMs, starting, stopping, etc. Similar to "qm". But within a cluster without visiting each machine manually. Thanks Daniel

I thought qm can handle only local VMs, not all within a cluster. An Example: I tried on Server1 to start a VM which is located on Server 2 qm start 130 unable to find configuration file for VM 130 - no such machine What went wrong?

No, currently not.
Ok. Thank you. Is there something like a cluster "qm" planned? At the moment I will do this by my own scripts using ssh. Is there a "database" where I can find the VM-execServer-Mapping?

Ok. Thank you. Is there something like a cluster "qm" planned? At the moment I will do this by my own scripts using ssh. Is there a "database" where I can find the VM-execServer-Mapping?

There is a small tool called 'pvesh' which exposes the whole API on the CLI. This currently only works for the local node, but can be easily extended to work cluster wide. But I do not have time to work on that now.

Hi, I wrote a small script called qmc to manage VMs in a cluster using qm. It's just an overlay to qm, but for me its quite useful. I attached the file.

Attachments

• qmc.zip
    823 bytes · Views: 24

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!