[SOLVED] Cluster Updating 5x to 6x

killmasta93

Renowned Member
Aug 13, 2017
Hi,
Recently doing a test to upgrade my test lab from 5x to 6x following the steps from the WIKI everything went well but installing proxmox 6 and rebooting i get the error on busy box undefined symbol: efi_rescan not sure what means. all of my 3 hosts had ZFS
i tried importing manually but didnt work keeps showing that error
Thank you

1610407880929.png

seems something went wrong during the upgrade - and you did end up with the wrong zfs userspace packages

-> boot a live-CD with ZFS support (or start the PVE installer in debug mode - the second debug shell should have ZFS utilities present)
-> check which versions of the relevant packages are installed (pveversion -v ) for zfs the following packages should be all in the same version:
Code:
ii  libnvpair1linux                       0.8.5-pve1                    amd64        Solaris name-value library for Linux
ii  libuutil1linux                        0.8.5-pve1                    amd64        Solaris userland utility library for Linux
ii  libzfs2linux                          0.8.5-pve1                    amd64        OpenZFS filesystem library for Linux
ii  libzfslinux-dev                       0.8.5-pve1                    amd64        OpenZFS filesystem development files for Linux
ii  libzpool2linux                        0.8.5-pve1                    amd64        OpenZFS pool library for Linux
ii  python3-pyzfs                         0.8.5-pve1                    amd64        wrapper for libzfs_core C library
ii  spl                                   0.8.5-pve1                    all          Solaris Porting Layer user-space utilities for Linux (dummy)
ii  zfs-dbg                               0.8.5-pve1                    amd64        Debugging symbols for OpenZFS userland libraries and tools
ii  zfs-initramfs                         0.8.5-pve1                    all          OpenZFS root filesystem capabilities for Linux - initramfs
ii  zfs-test                              0.8.5-pve1                    amd64        OpenZFS test infrastructure and support scripts
ii  zfs-zed                               0.8.5-pve1                    amd64        OpenZFS Event Daemon
ii  zfsutils-linux                        0.8.5-pve1                    amd64        command-line tools to manage OpenZFS filesystems

I hope this helps!

thank so i boot up proxmox ISO and click on debug but this is what i got

Attachments

• 1610926556755.png
    1610926556755.png
    4.4 KB · Views: 3
thank so i boot up proxmox ISO and click on debug but this is what i got
sorry - I did not say that explicit enough:
once inside the installer debug shell you need to chroot into your live-system and then run the commands inside the chroot

roughly and without testing it this should be the steps:
* zpool import with and alt-root set
* bind-mount /proc, /sys, /dev, /dev/pts, into the root
* chroot inside
* run `dpkg -l |grep -i zfs'
* run `dpkg -l |grep <the version of zfsutils-linux`

there should be tons of howtos on the internet for the bindmounts and chroot

I hope this helps!

I re ran the update and forgot to add this part in the sources
now it worked

thank you
Code:
deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian buster main contrib
deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian buster-updates main contrib

# security updates
deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates main contrib

Reactions: Stoiko Ivanov
Glad you found the issue and resolved it!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!