[SOLVED] Cluster shows duplicate or inconsistent LVM-Thin

Chiranjeevi

May 6, 2017
we have 2 Nodes
Node "t1" has 2 HDD (VDs) RAID1 and Node f1 has only 1 HDD (VD)
we have installed proxmox 4.4 in both the Nodes

In Server t1
VD1 has proxmox so it created local(t1) and local-lvm (t1)
VD2 is made anothe LVM thin and added with name maganet-hdd(t1)

in Server f1
VD1 has proxmox so it created local(f1) and local-lvm(f1)

i have created the cluster it shows something like this

upload_2017-5-25_18-4-56.png

Where in f1 the meganet-hdd is not available and summary says Usage as N/A

So i decided to remove from the storage.cfg, then it removed in both f1 and t1 because it will be synced with all the nodes in the cluster

So i added back then its started showing the both f1 and t1 has meganet-hdd but this time summary is same as local-lvm(f1)

How to solve this in-consistancy?

Not sure if others can post and comment. When I tested ThinLVM when it was an 'early' feature - it gave me more trouble than it was worth. So I moved to a model of (a) use non-thin LVM, if I must use LVM; or (b) If I must have Thin then use local disk or NFS based shared storage; both of which support thin very reliably and without issue.

Possibly LVM_Thin has evolved to a place of lovely happy stability since my testing. Possibly some others with experience will reply on this thread ?

Tim

you have to limit the storages to the nodes they exist on so
local and local-lvm exist on all,
but meganet-hdd only exists on t1

you can do this on the gui via datacenter->storage

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!