Cluster node reboots unexpected

Morten

Mar 5, 2009
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hi all,

I had a cluster node that rebooted today and I can't find out why.
Everything seemed normal while suddenly a container went offline. Right away I looked at the PVE log that said "Stop all VMs and Containers" on the node and the whole node just went "bye-bye" without leaving any clues as to wether it would reboot or shutdown.
How can I find out what triggered this reboot?
I found this
Code:
venus pvesh: <root@pam> starting task UPID:venus:00022C8D:034EB809:4FD7407D:stopall::root@pam:
in the /var/log/messages and was hoping to find out what started this task.

And in the /var/log/syslog i found
Code:
Jun 12 15:13:30 venus init: Switching to runlevel: 6

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Is it possible to see from what IP that reboot was initiated if it was done from one of the cluster nodes (not necessarily the one that rebooted)? I'm thinking it was one of my colleagues that clicked the wrong [Restart] button thinking it would just reboot one of the VMs, and now he doesn't have the balls to come forward. That kind of mistake usually calls for cake! :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!