Cluster Migration Steps?

firegs

Apr 8, 2013
Heya Gents

I plan to do an overhaul of our server nework - and one of the things I wanted to do was re-do our cluster. The node names are whacked, and I want to move the primary node to a totally different machine. I have four servers with VMs on them. What steps would I need to take to move the nodes and VMs to a new cluster? I know I'd have to create the new cluster first. Then what?

locations? what you mean?

I never tried, but should be like this
if you have nfs storage ZZZ, create a test vm XXX on old cluster node YYY with disk on that storage, then stop the vm.

you'll find /etc/pve/nodes/YYY/qemu-server/XXX.conf
with something like

bootdisk: virtio0
cores: 4
ide1: ZZZ:iso/vm-XXX-disk-1.raw
memory: 2048
name: testvm
net0: virtio=NN:NN:NN:NN:NN:NN,bridge=vmbr0
ostype: l26
sockets: 1

now you can move this file to the same location in the new cluster node (or create from gui a similar vm and then adjust its .conf

it could work.

Marco

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!