Clientless SSL VPN PVE Access

chemch

Apr 17, 2021
We’re trying to configure our Cisco ASA 5505 to allow users to access the Web GUI of our PVE Server via a clientless SSL VPN.

Currently the ASA gets an error which is ‘failed to establish SSL handshake’. I think this is because the ASA doesn’t redirect traffic back to the requestor

My security engineering knowledge is relatively low so please provide detail where possible.

Should this be done using API tokens or is there a better approach. If there are any tutorials for this kind of setup it would be much appreciated.

We’re trying to configure our Cisco ASA 5505 to allow users to access the Web GUI of our PVE Server via a clientless SSL VPN.

Currently the ASA gets an error which is ‘failed to establish SSL handshake’. I think this is because the ASA doesn’t redirect traffic back to the requestor

My security engineering knowledge is relatively low so please provide detail where possible.

Should this be done using API tokens or is there a better approach. If there are any tutorials for this kind of setup it would be much appreciated.
Also, I can provide any specs or config data.

Here is the error message:

Apr 19 202102:12:47192.168.5.XDevice failed SSL handshake with server lvr2:192.168.5.X/46153 to 192.168.5.X/8006

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!