"Client host rejected" for internal Mails.

Nisse

Sep 20, 2007
Hello,

we have a problem with our new Proxmox 2.0 Gateway.

We try to send a mail to the internet from our Lotus Notes Domino Server which IP is under the 'internal trusted hosts/networks' list to the IP of the Proxmox Gateway (192.168.100.21) Port 26, but still we get an error:

Router: Message 0035B830 NOT transferred via SMTP to 192.168.100.21:26 for john_doe@hotmail.com from John Doe/UO/O Size: 2K 450 4.7.1 Client host rejected: cannot find your hostname, [192.168.100.5]

I guess that is because of some reverse DNS checking, but why so for internal hosts? I wouldn't like to disable MX lookups under 'Mail Proxy Configuration - Relaying' because I really want that for outside hosts.

Any ideas?

Thank you for your help and kind regards, Nisse

Hello,
I guess that is because of some reverse DNS checking, but why so for internal hosts? I wouldn't like to disable MX lookups under 'Mail Proxy Configuration - Relaying' because I really want that for outside hosts.

Is 'Reject Unknown Clients' activated?

(MailProxy/Options/RejectUnknownClients)

- Dietmar

Yes, it is. Wrong? I mean, is an internal/trusted client considered to be 'unknown'?

Yes, it is. Wrong? I mean, is an internal/trusted client considered to be 'unknown'?

No, should not - maybe you send to the wrong port? Make sure you send outgoing mail to the internal port (default 26).

- Dietmar

As I quoted before:

Router: Message 0035B830 NOT transferred via SMTP to 192.168.100.21:26 for john_doe@hotmail.com from John Doe/UO/O Size: 2K 450 4.7.1 Client host rejected: cannot find your hostname, [192.168.100.5]

Proxmox Mail Proxy Configuration:

External SMTP Port : 25
Internal SMTP Port : 26

:(

As I quoted before:

Proxmox Mail Proxy Configuration:

External SMTP Port : 25
Internal SMTP Port : 26

:(

just to finish the thread: solution was found, problem was on the notes side (configure lotus notes to send on port 26 works now). here is the info (in german):

Hier die Lösung für Lotus Notes Domino mit Proxmox als Gateway zum Versenden von Mails in das Internet:

Im Serverdokument des Lotus: Anschlüsse -> Internet Anschlüsse -> Mail
-> Mail (SMTP Ausgang) von Default 25 auf 26 ändern.

Unter 'Nachrichten': Einstellungen -> 'Relais Host für Nachrichten,
die die lokale Internet Domäne verlassen' -> IP des Proxmox angeben.

Auf der Domino Konsole: Tell SMTP Update Config

if anyone need in english, just post.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!