CIFS for Storage working partially

daniello

Oct 13, 2018
Hi everyone,

I would like to add a storage to my Qnap-NAS via CIFS.

Though when I use the share button (arrow down) it shows all shares on my NAS correctly. But when I want add those CIFS settings I receive the error:

"create storage failed: error with cfs lock 'file-storage_cfg': mount error: Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs) (500)"

Anyone?

Last edited:
I now tried to do it via CLI:

pvesm add cifs <storagename> --server <server> --share <share> [--username <username>] [--password] --smbversion 2.1

But this results in an error:
400 too many arguments
pvesm add <type> <storage> [OPTIONS]

I don't see where I'm mistaken :-(

Continuing my monolog: I now mounted the share directly into the system. No idea why it doesn't work from the "add storage" window but now at least I can do a backup to the locally mounted directory. Strange stuff.

I'll noticed the same "400 too many arguments" error in my instance (5.2.1). I will do some further testings in the next days.

I'll noticed the same "400 too many arguments" error in my instance (5.2.1). I will do some further testings in the next days.
example "pvesm add cifs nas --server 192.168.153.21 --share home --username pve --password --smbversion 2.1"
it's work. don't input password in line

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!