Changing IP Adress to connect

Discussion in 'Proxmox VE: Installation and configuration' started by Tallaril, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Tallaril

Tallaril New Member

Hi,

I'm using Proxmox 2 with clustering. The problem is, taht the switches in our Datacenter doesn't support IP muslticast.

I've installed a switch for internal connection between the machines and connected the 2nd NIC of each machine to it.

How can i cahnge the IP address that the master uses to connect to the nodes. It should use the internal IP to connect instead of the external.

I've added the node with the internal IP of the master ... but master just uses the external to connect.

Is there any way to change this?

2. dietmar

dietmar Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

change the hostname ==> IP assignment if /etc/hosts

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tallaril

Tallaril New Member

Sorry for this stupid question, but:

Should i change this on both hosts? i guess changing this on the master will cause serious errors?

I've changed it on the node by now. I restarted it and also all services on master, but master still try's to connect through the external IP instead of the internal.

4. Tallaril

Tallaril New Member

Ok, forget it, i've got it ;)

This works now. But i've found the main error: The master try's to connect to the node through port 8006 (Apache) Thsi port is not open because apache fails to start with:

/etc/init.d/apache2 restart
    Syntax error on line 13 of /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/pve-redirect.conf:
    SSLCertificateFile: file '/etc/pve/local/pve-ssl.pem' does not exist or is empty
    Action 'configtest' failed.
    The Apache error log may have more information.
    failed!

I'm not able to create this pem because this folder is mounted via fuse and i'm also not able to copy it from the master because i've no write permissions.

How do i get this cert into the folder to get apache back up running?

#4 Tallaril, Feb 8, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  5. dietmar

dietmar Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

You lost quorum when changing the IP of the other node. I guess you also need to reboot this node.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice