Change container installation path

lucifer

Dec 7, 2015
I am trying to create a container in openvz in proxmox...i wanted ask if we can change the installation path somehow in proxmox...default ct path is /var/lib/vz/private and i want to change it to /vz/private...i searched some sites so that i could find the result but no use...

Please help me out....:D

I am trying to create a container in openvz in proxmox...i wanted ask if we can change the installation path somehow in proxmox...default ct path is /var/lib/vz/private and i want to change it to /vz/private...i searched some sites so that i could find the result but no use...

Please do not change the patch. But you can create a symlink for /vz/private to /var/lib/vz/private.

Ok thanks for the fast reply:D:D...i appreciate it...i'll try the same...
Also can we add ppp or tun-tap feature to the ct? I tried to add using api but was unsuccessful...:(

But what if the container is created and i want to change the template name???

can set command be used?

Can you help me out on how to set burst ram for openvz container using api?
i am trying to achieve it using the api but with no success...

Hey, which os architecture are usable in proxmox???i am trying to use "x86_64" will it help or do I need "amd64" or "i386".

amd64 and x86_64 is the same, and works. also i386.

Thanks a lot tom...
my proxmox version is
root@pve:/var/virtualizor# pveversion -v
proxmox-ve-2.6.32: 3.4-156 (running kernel: 2.6.32-39-pve)
pve-manager: 3.4-6 (running version: 3.4-6/102d4547)
pve-kernel-2.6.32-39-pve: 2.6.32-156
lvm2: 2.02.98-pve4
clvm: 2.02.98-pve4
corosync-pve: 1.4.7-1
openais-pve: 1.1.4-3
libqb0: 0.11.1-2
redhat-cluster-pve: 3.2.0-2
resource-agents-pve: 3.9.2-4
fence-agents-pve: 4.0.10-2
pve-cluster: 3.0-17
qemu-server: 3.4-6
pve-firmware: 1.1-4
libpve-common-perl: 3.0-24
libpve-access-control: 3.0-16
libpve-storage-perl: 3.0-33
pve-libspice-server1: 0.12.4-3
vncterm: 1.1-8
vzctl: 4.0-1pve6
vzprocps: 2.0.11-2
vzquota: 3.1-2
pve-qemu-kvm: 2.2-10
ksm-control-daemon: 1.1-1
glusterfs-client: 3.5.2-1

is the vzctl version correct??

I am asking because when i create an openvz ct using api it gives me a warning saying /etc/pve/openvz/103.conf: No such file or directory

Any suggestion?

Last edited:
Hi,

I have fresh installed proxmox 4.0 i can login via command line..but when i tried to connect via the WEB GUI i get a connection timed out error.
I used https://ip:8006. I am trying from my side.

Can you give me a few tips or just a way to solve this issue..

Help appreciated.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!