Ceph User Survey 2018

quick question. how do i answer this :
8. Do you patch or build your own Ceph packages or binaries?

I assume ' Vendor Packages' , or does pve use 'Official upstream packages from download.ceph.com ' ?

quick question. how do i answer this :
8. Do you patch or build your own Ceph packages or binaries?

I assume ' Vendor Packages' , or does pve use 'Official upstream packages from download.ceph.com ' ?

since proxmox 5, proxmox provide ceph package from proxmox repos.

Hello: My name is Wang Zhuqing and I come from Beijing, China. I graduated from elementary school and sent email to you all for Google translation. Please understand if there is any mistake! Just a computer enthusiast, apprentice from the ordinary computer shop to start now it has been eight years, I also accumulated a bit of IT experience in this year's accidental saw your company's proxmox, but very little information on the Chinese website , Due to VPN restrictions and language barrier, I do not understand the basic need of foreign language translation. This year, I purchased a J1900 processor motherboard router found excess performance, want to use a virtual machine, but vm exsi does not support j1900 search for a few days to see proxmox can be used, and then tried to install several times the final image burning 4.4 version Support j1900 start, view your company

Reactions: Alwin
Reactions: qingzhupc
@Alwin

Hello, my current motherboard is ZC-BT194L
processor
Onboard Intel Baytrail J1900 quad-core SOC single-chip processor clocked at 2.0G, Turbocore to 2.42G

GPU
INTEL HD Graphics
RAM
1*SO-DIMM DDR3L RAM,MAX 8G
storage
SATA2.5 inch + MSATA
Sound card
no
chipset
CPU integration
The internet
4 INTEL 82583 Gigabit Ethernet Cards
Now after installing 4.4 from another computer, you can start using the hard disk back to the host. But if you can't install the NIC driver directly on the motherboard of the j1900, now I want to upgrade 5.2 but I can't operate because there is no driver.
And I found out that in mainland China you are involved in very few QQ groups where I have a proxmox. There are a lot of people who like to use your products and want to give Chinese technical support and services but mainland China likes to be free. The reason I use proxmox is because he VMware EXSI occupies less system resources but proxmox can be used and takes up little resources. Although the response speed is slow, it is often an error but at least it can be used. How can I add a new hard disk? I can only recognize the installed hard disk. Add new disk and USB device access proxmox please advise thank you

@qingzhupc, please open up a new thread for each of your questions. Thanks.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!