Ceph User Survey 2018

Discussion in 'Proxmox VE: Installation and configuration' started by martin, May 7, 2018.

1. martin

martin Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

tom, Alwin and jeffwadsworth like this.
  2. RobFantini

RobFantini Active Member
    Proxmox Subscriber

quick question. how do i answer this :
    8. Do you patch or build your own Ceph packages or binaries?

I assume ' Vendor Packages' , or does pve use 'Official upstream packages from download.ceph.com ' ?

3. spirit

spirit Well-Known Member

since proxmox 5, proxmox provide ceph package from proxmox repos.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. qingzhupc

qingzhupc New Member

Hello: My name is Wang Zhuqing and I come from Beijing, China. I graduated from elementary school and sent email to you all for Google translation. Please understand if there is any mistake! Just a computer enthusiast, apprentice from the ordinary computer shop to start now it has been eight years, I also accumulated a bit of IT experience in this year's accidental saw your company's proxmox, but very little information on the Chinese website , Due to VPN restrictions and language barrier, I do not understand the basic need of foreign language translation. This year, I purchased a J1900 processor motherboard router found excess performance, want to use a virtual machine, but vm exsi does not support j1900 search for a few days to see proxmox can be used, and then tried to install several times the final image burning 4.4 version Support j1900 start, view your company

Alwin likes this.
  5. Alwin

Alwin Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    qingzhupc likes this.
  6. qingzhupc

qingzhupc New Member

@Alwin

Hello, my current motherboard is ZC-BT194L
    processor
    Onboard Intel Baytrail J1900 quad-core SOC single-chip processor clocked at 2.0G, Turbocore to 2.42G

GPU
    INTEL HD Graphics
    RAM
    1*SO-DIMM DDR3L RAM,MAX 8G
    storage
    SATA2.5 inch + MSATA
    Sound card
    no
    chipset
    CPU integration
    The internet
    4 INTEL 82583 Gigabit Ethernet Cards
    Now after installing 4.4 from another computer, you can start using the hard disk back to the host. But if you can't install the NIC driver directly on the motherboard of the j1900, now I want to upgrade 5.2 but I can't operate because there is no driver.
    And I found out that in mainland China you are involved in very few QQ groups where I have a proxmox. There are a lot of people who like to use your products and want to give Chinese technical support and services but mainland China likes to be free. The reason I use proxmox is because he VMware EXSI occupies less system resources but proxmox can be used and takes up little resources. Although the response speed is slow, it is often an error but at least it can be used. How can I add a new hard disk? I can only recognize the installed hard disk. Add new disk and USB device access proxmox please advise thank you

7. Alwin

Alwin Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

@qingzhupc, please open up a new thread for each of your questions. Thanks.

8. qingzhupc

qingzhupc New Member

Thanks♪(・ω・)ノ

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice