Centralized Authentication for Logging Into Containers

dtheese

Jul 3, 2017
We are using Proxmox 4.4 with LXC containers. I have a growing number of containers and a growing number of users. Giving each user a local account on each container is quickly getting unwieldy.

I have managed to give each user a single roaming home directory by:
  1. Creating an account on the host for them
  2. Configuring each container with a mount point that mounts the host's /home onto that containers /home
This is a step in the right direction, but each user still has a local account on each container. I would like to create *one* account for each user, and use a centralized remote authentication server.

Does the Proxmox 4.4 host have built-in support for centralized remote authentication services for logging into individual containers? Or, must I use something such as LDAP or RADIUS?

Reactions: Baulder

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!