CentOS 6.5 iso in container?

assey60

Jun 28, 2014
I guess it's not possible to run a iso in a openvz container?
The problem is I only have the iso of CentOS 6.5 and can't find the template for it.
I only have the CentOS 6.7 template from the openvz site.
Would be great if someone could hook me up with a CentOS 6.5 template for openvz or tell me how I can build one by myself.

EDIT: Try this one but didn't worked out for some reason

https://openvz.org/Creating_a_CentOS_6_Template

Last edited:
Why do you need a old 6.5 template? If you do a update inside the container, you will get 6.7 + updates since their release. You have only mainline version still 5, 6 and 7. These .X numbers are only a kind of patch sets.

If you really need a template/lxc container, build it yourself from a KVM VM. That should work.

I have the centos build from openvz which is 6.7 but I need 6-6.5 to compile something. Unfortunately I don't know how to build it myself maybe you can assist me?

Again: It makes no difference to use 6.5 or 6.7 to compile something. Please try it and report back.

Quick-and-Dirty LXC template creation:
  • Install with the ISO in KVM as usual
  • Boot Live-Linux inside VM and create tar.gz from the mounted rootfs
  • Use this tar.gz as template

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!