Can't upload ISO images on proxmox server

ragnarok

Dec 11, 2013
Hi everyone,

My problem is that I installed proxmox VE 3.1 on a virtual machine (VBOX), and when I try to upload an ISO image the bar that shows me the percentage of the upload process returns to to 0% when it is at 60%, and then this repeats and repeats. I couldn't upload complete ISO image

Thanks

yes but iI guess pve needs temporary space to get the upload. this happened my one in a test nested pve with a small disk
IIRC while uploading the gui shows you the temp path...

Marco

I guess at least 700MB?

alternatively you can upload the same iso directly in the <storage>/template/iso folder, which probably has much free space... it may be just the web gui upload inner working

Marco

Last edited:
Code:
Filesystem        size    Used    Avail    Use%    Mounted on
udev            10M    0    10M    0%    /dev
tmpfs            49M    336K    49M    1%    /run    
/dev/mapper/pve-root    1.3G    844M    353M    71%    /
tmpfs            5.0M    0    5.0M    0%    /run/lock
tmpfs            98M    3.1M    95M    4%    /run/shm
/dev/mapper/pve-data    2.0G    68M    2.0G    4%    /var/lib/vz
/dev/sda1        495M    35M    435M    8%    /boot
/dev/fuse        30M    12K    30M    1%    /etc/pve

As workaround: install Filezilla and use SFTP connection to upload iso directly to /var/lib/vz/template/iso

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!