Can't start VM with iscsi HD + -fda

yakakliker

Renowned Member
May 19, 2011
France
Hello,

I just noticed that I could not start VM with HD on iscsi/lvm storage + the -fda argument.

The command :

/usr/bin/kvm -id 100 -chardev socket,id=qmp,path=/var/run/qemu-server/100.qmp,server,nowait -mon chardev=qmp,mode=control -vnc unix:/var/run/qemu-server/100.vnc,x509,password -pidfile /var/run/qemu-server/100.pid -daemonize -name Windows -smp sockets=1,cores=1 -nodefaults -boot menu=on -vga cirrus -k fr -m 1024 -cpuunits 1000 -device piix3-usb-uhci,id=uhci,bus=pci.0,addr=0x1.0x2 -device usb-tablet,id=tablet,bus=uhci.0,port=1 -device virtio-balloon-pci,id=balloon0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x3 -drive file=/var/lib/vz/template/iso/XP_SP2_sata.iso,if=none,id=drive-ide2,media=cdrom,aio=native -device ide-cd,bus=ide.1,unit=0,drive=drive-ide2,id=ide2,bootindex=200 -device ahci,id=ahci0,multifunction=on,bus=pci.0,addr=0x7 -drive file=/dev/lv004/vm-100-disk-1,if=none,id=drive-sata0,aio=native,cache=none -device ide-drive,bus=ahci0.0,drive=drive-sata0,id=sata0,bootindex=100 -netdev type=tap,id=net0,ifname=tap100i0,script=/var/lib/qemu-server/pve-bridge -device e1000,mac=6A:BD:B9:4E:ED:6C,netdev=net0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x12,id=net0,bootindex=300 -rtc driftfix=slew,base=localtime -fda file=/var/lib/vz/template/iso/virtio-win-1.1.16.vfd

The message :

kvm: -drive file=/dev/lv004/vm-100-disk-1,if=none,id=drive-sata0,aio=native,cache=none: could not open disk image /dev/lv004/vm-100-disk-1: No such file or directory

It works if the VM is on the local storage.

Does anyone have seen this problem or is it my fault ?

Yes, if y start without -fda argument, it works fine.

My temporary soluce : an install on the local storage + backup / restore on the iscsi/lvm storage.

I don't understand where is the problem.

PS : Proxmox is updated.

Re,

It works !

The problem is related to SAN.

I am currently testing several soluces (Nas4free, Openmediavault, Openfiler) + virtualisation of the SAN or not.

Finaly this problem appears with a virtualized SAN Nas4free.

Why ? I don't know !

I installed Openfiler without virtualisation and it's OK.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!