[SOLVED] Can't start lxc conrtainer with "lxc.mount.auto: " after upgrading to 7

paulmorabi

Mar 30, 2019
Hi,

I upgraded one of my systems to the latest 7.0 and one of the LXC containers will not start. There are no errors displayed, it's just that the container doesn't start, or seems to start momentarily and then stop.

My full config is:

Code:
arch: amd64
cores: 2
features: nesting=1
hostname: frigate
memory: 4096
net0: name=eth0,bridge=vmbr0,firewall=1,hwaddr=xxxxxxx,ip=dhcp,type=veth
ostype: debian
rootfs: local-lvm:vm-102-disk-0,size=32G
swap: 512
lxc.mount.entry: /dev/bus/usb/003/004 dev/bus/usb/003/004 none bind,optional,create=file 0, 0
lxc.cgroup.devices.allow: c 226:0 rwm
lxc.cgroup.devices.allow: c 226:128 rwm
lxc.cgroup.devices.allow: c 29:0 rwm
lxc.cgroup.devices.allow: c 189:* rwm
lxc.apparmor.profile: unconfined
lxc.cgroup.devices.allow: a
lxc.cap.drop:
lxc.mount.entry: /dev/dri/ dev/dri/ none bind,optional,create=dir 0, 0
lxc.mount.auto:

This is an LXC container running Debian that I have passed through the AMD Renior integrated graphics and also the Google Coral USB. This was working fine on 6.x and I was already running kernel 5.11 as I needed it for passing through the Renoir integrated graphics.

Through trial and error, I discovered it's because of the line "lxc.mount.auto: " in the config file. If I remove this, the container starts but the graphics passthrough doesn't seem to be working which being the only change in config would likely be the reason.

Is there anything in Proxmox 7.x that would break adding "lxc.mount.auto:" or anywhere I can look to debug further?

Thanks in advance!

hi,

try changing the lxc.cgroup.devices.allow entries with lxc.cgroup2.devices.allow and stop/start the container

Reactions: paulmorabi
hi,

try changing the lxc.cgroup.devices.allow entries with lxc.cgroup2.devices.allow and stop/start the container
I changed to:

Code:
net0: name=eth0,bridge=vmbr0,firewall=1,hwaddr=xxx,ip=dhcp,type=veth
lxc.mount.entry: /dev/bus/usb/003/004 dev/bus/usb/003/004 none bind,optional,create=file 0, 0
lxc.cgroup2.devices.allow: c 226:0 rwm
lxc.cgroup2.devices.allow: c 226:128 rwm
lxc.cgroup2.devices.allow: c 29:0 rwm
lxc.cgroup2.devices.allow: c 189:* rwm
lxc.cgroup2.devices.allow: a
lxc.cap.drop:
lxc.mount.auto:

However, it still won't start. When I remove "lxc.mount.auto:" it works!

Is there any reason behind this change?

Thank you for this!

I changed to:

Code:
net0: name=eth0,bridge=vmbr0,firewall=1,hwaddr=xxx,ip=dhcp,type=veth
lxc.cgroup2.devices.allow: c 226:0 rwm
lxc.cgroup2.devices.allow: c 226:128 rwm
lxc.cgroup2.devices.allow: c 29:0 rwm
lxc.cgroup2.devices.allow: c 189:* rwm
lxc.cgroup2.devices.allow: a
lxc.cap.drop:
lxc.mount.auto:

However, it still won't start. When I remove "lxc.mount.auto:" it works!

Is there any reason behind this change?

Thank you for this!
Hi I am new to proxmox, I am trying to create the LXC for Frigate installation Code that you are using and i was wondering if you could give me some pointers on how you were able to create It as i too have ordered a Coral TPU. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi I am new to proxmox, I am trying to create the LXC for Frigate installation Code that you are using and i was wondering if you could give me some pointers on how you were able to create It as i too have ordered a Coral TPU. Any help would be appreciated.

Follow the instructions from the wiki to create an lcx container and once done, edit the container‘s conf file directly to add the additional text from above. Your conf file will be in /etc/pve/lxc/<containerid>.conf.

Follow the instructions from the wiki to create an lcx container and once done, edit the container‘s conf file directly to add the additional text from above. Your conf file will be in /etc/pve/lxc/<containerid>.conf.
Thank you , much appreciated.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!