[SOLVED] Can't make one node to rejoin the cluster after upgrade to corosync3

f4242

Dec 19, 2016
Quebec, QC
Hello,

I still didn't upgrade one of my PVE5 cluster. Was planing to do it today. I first tried to upgrade corosync to version 3. The cluster have 4 nodes. Tree of them work fine and communicate inside de cluster, but I have one node that failed to rejoin the cluster. I don't remember I had this issue when I upgraded my first cluster last year.

Code:
root@pve-ext1:/etc/pve# cat corosync.conf
logging {
  debug: off
  to_syslog: yes
}

nodelist {
  node {
    name: pve-ext1
    nodeid: 1
    quorum_votes: 1
    ring0_addr: pve-ext1
  }
  node {
    name: pve-ext2
    nodeid: 2
    ring0_addr: pve-ext2
  }
  node {
    name: pve-ext3
    nodeid: 3
    ring0_addr: pve-ext3
  }
  node {
    name: pve-ext4
    nodeid: 4
    ring0_addr: 10.5.0.14
  }
}

quorum {
  provider: corosync_votequorum
}

totem {
  cluster_name: PVE-XXXX-EXT
  config_version: 4
  interface {
    bindnetaddr: 10.5.0.11
    ringnumber: 0
  }
  ip_version: ipv4
  secauth: on
  version: 2
}

On the other nodes, I tried to change all ring0_addr to ip address instead. Didn't change anything. On the failed node, I'm unable to modify corosync.conf (file is read only).

You can see the syslog after I restarted pve-ha-lrm, pve-ha-crm and corosync daemons.

Last edited:
Damn, forget that thread. It's just a code 18... something was wrong in my copy&paste and only one node was upgraded to corosync3. Work fine when all nodes run the version 3...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!