Cant get iso file uploaded to proxmox.

Evention

Mar 28, 2014
Hello.

I am trying to upload a windows iso file to proxmox to install on the vm which is windows server 2008r2. I have tried to upload the iso file by using the upload button in the storage view but when gets to 100% nothing happens (I think that's because the iso file is 2.94GB which is to big i think for upload via web interface). So now I am trying to use the wget command in ssh which for some reason its not working.

Here is the link for the OS = http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=11093

I'm new to this stuff.

Cheers.
Ashleigh.

transfer the file with scp.

if you are on windows, you can use http://winscp.net/

copy the ISO file winscp (using protocol: scp) to your proxmox ve host into /var/lib/vz/template/iso

Reactions: Muttley99
Hello.

Thank you for the reply on this we have got the windows iso file on proxmox and installed the operating system. Since I made this thread I would like to ask another question, we are hosting some servers on our dedi box using the Nat network model well we cant find this file Nat configuration file anywhere in the Debian system to edit.

Cheers.
Ashleigh.

Hello.

Thank you for the reply on this we have got the windows iso file on proxmox and installed the operating system. Since I made this thread I would like to ask another question..

mixing issues within a thread is not wanted.

if you have a new questions, do the following:

1. read documentation on pve.proxmox.com
2. if you can´t find the answer, search this forum
3. if you still have no answer, open a new thread with a clear and identifying subject

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!