Can't get Balloon driver working on Win 2008R2 or Win7 64bit

glena

Sep 10, 2012
Hi all!

I've been working with Proxmox V2.2 and have many Ubuntu VMs running with out issue but when I try to get the Memory Balloon drivers to work for ether Windows Server 2008R2 or Win7 64bit, I can't seem to get them working. :(

I've downloaded the latest ISO from Radhat (virtio-win-0.1-52.iso) and I'm able to get the VirtIO drivers for Network & Disk to work but not for the Balloon driver.

Anyone have any ideas?

Has anyone out there got them to work for this situation?

Thanks!

-Glen

Use 2.3 (pvetest) and check the wiki regarding dynamic memory management

Tom,

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. Are you saying I should use kernel 2.3? or PVE 2.3 which does not appear to be out yet? Also, I have looked at the wiki and dynamic memory management and was not able to make any progress. It looks like there is not a valid verson of DevCon for windows 7. At least not that I can find.

This is not a big issue for me at the moment since I have enough ram to run all I have but I'm sure this will be a growing issue over time.

Thanks,

-Glen

Thanks Tom!

Since its not an issue for me at the moment, I wait for 2.3 to be officially released.

Regards,

-Glen

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!