cannot view console of VM running on another node in 4.x

vkhera

Feb 24, 2015
Maryland, USA
Running pve-manager/4.0-26/5d4a615b with two node cluster. Host names pve1 and pve2.

When I connect to the web interface on pve1, I cannot view a console of a VM running on pve2. It just hangs at 'starting VNC handshake'. To view a console on pve2 I need to log into the web interface on pve2.

Also, when logged into the console this way the "power control" menu does not function. That is, no menu shows up when clicking on it. The console works great on pve1 for VMs running on pve1.

Hi,
we release in some days the new packed for PVE 4.0.
Then it will work.

Hi, in proxmox 4.1.-1
i have the same problem
in the web browser appears "starting VNC handshake" and i can`t view the console or start my VM

any suggestion

Thanks

Hi,
make a update with and flush the browser cache

Code:
apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade
[CODE]

Running pve-manager/4.0-26/5d4a615b with two node cluster. Host names pve1 and pve2.

When I connect to the web interface on pve1, I cannot view a console of a VM running on pve2. It just hangs at 'starting VNC handshake'. To view a console on pve2 I need to log into the web interface on pve2.

Also, when logged into the console this way the "power control" menu does not function. That is, no menu shows up when clicking on it. The console works great on pve1 for VMs running on pve1.

is the time sync between both nodes ?
can the first node1 do ssh to node2 (#node1 : ssh root@node2) ?

Hi,
make a update with and flush the browser cache

Code:
apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade
[CODE]
thanks for the suggestion Wolfgang

i have a cluster
i need do the update on each member or only one and the configuration is replicated on all nodes??

You have to update each node separately.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!