Cannot use Web Interface Console to view the Host and VMs

xianlin

Aug 3, 2012
Singapore
Hi, I have setup exactly the same 2 Proxmox VEs on 2 different physical servers.

I found it is very strange that I can ONLY access one PVE Java Web Console interface while can NOT access the other console through the web interface.

The failed connection shows "Java Class Not Found Exception" and the Java Class is called "com.tightervnc.vncviewer.VNCviewer". However when I using the same web browser to connect to the other PVE the web browser is able to find the Java class and display it correctly.

I understand PVE is using "Tightvnc Java Applet" to do the console VNC connection through the HTTP. The PC I am using is running win7 64bit (also tried on win7 32bit) with latest Sun Java download/update.

Thank you if anyone can help me...

Dear Dietmar
I am using Chrome + Win 64bit + Sun Java (latest download from Sun Java website).

How to found the missing Java Class of TightVNC? Why I can use the same chrome web browser to access another PVE web console and I also can use another PC (different physical computer with same win+chrome+sun java) to access the same PVE web console? Very Very strange...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!